I’ve always been leery of so-called “Internet Romances”. I can’t tell you how many failed internet romances I’ve witnessed. They usually follow the same story line:
- A vibrant burst of chemistry sparks between two people via instant messenger or e-mail.
- They are almost always MILES away from each other. Usually in another state or across the world.
- The person with the most to lose spends hundreds if not thousands of dollars to visit their new found love.
- When they meet it becomes glaringly obvious that your internet lover looks nothing like their pictures posted online.
- Things fizzle out and die into an awkward pool of nothingness.
This is how the story should’ve ended for Kimberly Jernigan and her internet beau. But she decided to fight for her internet romance. So what if the man didn’t find her attractive in person. This woman wasn’t going to take no for an answer. To the tune of Rick Astley ‘s, “Never Gonna Give You Up” Ms. Jernigan:
- Drove over 500 miles to surprise her man at his Pennsylvania workplace.
- Strolled into his workplace but failed to kidnap him at gunpoint.
- Pulled a James Bond and dressed up as a postal worker to obtain her beau’s new address. Apparently he felt the need to move from Pennsylvania to Delaware.
- Made a mockery of our Postal System and succeeded in getting his new address!
- With her sidekick (a dog named Gogi) she broke into her beau’s new apartment.
- When the poor man came home, he left and called the cops after he saw someone pointing a laser beam at his chest.
- She was apprehended by the cops after a brief struggle. She now faces charges of attempted kidnapping, burglary and aggravated menacing.
For once, Ms. Pixel has been rendered speechless.